In early 2018 Canadian developer Harry Stinson purchased the bought the Adams Mark Hotel along the downtown Buffalo waterfront. Included in the multi-million dollar renovation was a new sign design to differentiate the property from others in the neighborhood, both inside and out.
The developer presented the design team with a number of objectives in this new design:
- To provide a "classic" look that differentiated the hotel from others in the neighborhood.
- To help establish the new brand within the Buffalo community.
- To present the new brand visibly within the neighborhood and from the nearby elevated highway.
A signage combined several different design elements to highlight the Buffalo Grand's new brand, including:
- A solid metal cabinet with a routed cutout face with white illuminated acrylic backing leveraging a classic typeface logo.
- Two rows of marquis lighting which provide a motion effect similar to a classic movie marquis.
The new signage installation was completed in the Fall of 2018, highlighted in a broader article discussing the hotel in Buffalo Business First on December 20, 2018.